Sunday, January 9, 2022

My Pack -- Samson and Abinadi

Samson and Abinadi were quite the pair.  Samson had been a part of our pack for almost 9 years by the time Abinadi joined the pack.  Samson was almost 10 years old and Abinadi was just a nine-month-old puppy.  They were on both ends of the age spectrum.  They were both extra-large working breed dogs.  They were both male.  Yet they always got along with each other.

Samson being the mature adult taught Abinadi the ropes.  Samson being a Great Pyrenees was a good guard dog and protector.  So he taught Abinadi how to guard the property.


Abinadi and Samson guarding the property.  This is my favorite photo of them together.  They both look like show dogs.  :-)
 



Patrolling the property.



Resting.



Buddies.




Sitting in the shade on a hot summer day.  These photos were so dark I had to lighten up the shadows quite a bit.  That's why it may look a little odd.  Otherwise you couldn't see the dogs.  Samson showing his age in this picture.


Me with my pack.  Backyard at 29029.  Graham, Washington. August 20, 2015




Wide-angle.


This next series of photos is a pack walk that Dad took Samson and Abinadi on in the forest area next to our property.



As Blake Shelton would say, "He's a four-legged tracking machine".





Both dogs catching the scent of something.




I love the wrinkles in Abinadi's face.  The better for catching scent.




I know this one is a little blurry but I like the teamwork.





I put this one in because of the ear motion.  :-)







View of Lake Kapowsin from the pack walk trail.






Abinadi checking with the pack leader.


Dad's self-portrait on the pack walk.


Abinadi and Samson shared just shy of three years in the pack together.  They were both around 100 pounds.  Yet they were both gentle giants.  I loved going down to the dog tree with them, and wherever else I could go with them on the property.  They were both sweethearts.  All other dogs look tiny compared to them.


Abinadi visiting, his best friend, Samson's grave.  Paying his respects.  Now, they are both buried there, side by side.


Abinadi's final resting place by the dog tree on the left with the blue flowers.  Samson is right next to him with the red flowers.

Abinadi only lived another 3 1/2 years after Samson died.  Samson was almost 12 when he died.  Poor Abinadi was only seven.  Now they are both in the Spirit World with their main pack leader, Dad.  I'm sure they are going on lots of fun pack walks together.  

RIP my faithful friends.  Until we meet again.  I can't wait until I can actually pet you.  As Cesar would say, "trust, respect, and love."

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment