Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mission Memories -- Port Charlotte -- Sister Wilson: Part Twelve

I think most of these pictures will be from various zone/district meetings.

Towards the end of my mission, we actually did have the Elders as district leaders.  Although, I don't remember ever really having district meeting per se.
a group of Elders in the Fort Myers Zone.  This must've been before, one of our zone meetings.

I can't remember this Elder's name, but I think he was one of the Spanish Elders.

Sister Wilson's favorite thing to do, apparently -- take a picture of me taking a picture.  :-)

more Fort Myers Elders

the Elder front of me was our district leader.  I can't remember his name.  :-(, And of course the other Elder was his companion.  I don't remember his name either :-(

I think this may have been the day that I passed off my Daughter of Helaman to the zone leader.

the Elder on the left, Elder Roundy, was our zone leader.next is his companion -- I don't remember anyone else's name :-(, our district leader, and his companion.



apparently, Sister Wilson rubbed off on me and I started taking pictures of her taking pictures :-)

Sister Wilson practicing her best fire and brimstone pulpit pounding persona.

What good, obedient Elders.  Keeping an arms length distance from us.  :-)

another shot of our zone and district leaders

it looks like we have the same picture twice, taken with two different cameras.  :-), They might be slightly different.  So I will leave them both in. 

Heaven knows it would be a shame to delete any picture with me in it :-)


also practicing pounding the pulpit :-)

I guess that's what happens when you serve in the South.  :-)

hey Verne, how about some cream of weber or 2% milk?  :-)



check it out, we had a better car than our district leaders :-)


hey that's my camera in the foreground :-)

okay, I don't remember why we met our district leaders here.  And I don't know why we are all in p-day clothes.  Because we had separate P-days.  

I do vaguely remember this meeting because we must've been disclosing our disobedient transgressions because I remember them telling us that they had gone to watch a movie in a movie theater during their mission.  :-(

We never did anything that bad!  :-)

I'm not sure what this is about.

we brought a teenage girl from the ward with us to this meeting so that we would not be violating mission rules.  She is the one taking the picture.  There will be a picture of her later on.

you turn your backs, and what happens?

What happened to those good, obedient Elder's in a previous picture?

I can see why our mission president, kept us isolated from the Elders, for the most part.  :-)

come on Elders, your photography skills leave much to be desired.  :-)

that's better.

Amanda, Sister Stone, Sister Wilson

I don't remember which beach this is, but apparently we took a little trip on one of our P-days with Amanda.

Amanda was one of the teenagers in the Port Charlotte Ward, who liked to hang out with us cool sister missionaries :-)

I mean really, who in their right mind would not want to hang out with us?  :-)

here we go again, me taking a picture of Sister Wilson and Amanda.  Later on, you will find a picture of them taking a picture of me.  Sorry it's not in order, but it's too much work to change it :-)

looks like we're having a good time :-)

I don't think we were quite set for the self timer to go off.

this is better :-)

Sister Wilson playing in the sand.

here is the aforementioned picture of Sister Wilson taking a picture of me taking a picture of them :-)

Amanda and Sister Wilson

I think they might be looking for hermit crabs.
Not the most flattering angle :-)

Sister Wilson

the legendary duo of Stone/Wilson

Sister Wilson on the left and me on the right.  I think we were trying to make it look like we were standing in the water.  :-) 

The next post will be of the day I was transferred out of Port Charlotte.  :-(

These are the last pictures of my time with Sister Wilson in Port Charlotte. 
  
Hopefully no one will shed a tear.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment