Sunday, February 2, 2014

Mission Memories -- Port Charlotte -- Sister Wilson: Part Eight

oh man, I've never laughed so hard in my life!  I was laughing so hard enlarging all of these pictures that I had to put the microphone to sleep.  So I wouldn't mess up.  I had tears rolling down my face.  Then mom called me in for breakfast and asked if I had been crying.  I said no, I was laughing so hard putting my mission pictures on my blog.  I don't know maybe I'm just slaphappy from lack of sleep, but these pictures are so hilarious to me!

Sister Wilson, and I did a couple of photo sessions -- I'm still laughing so hard I can't even talk.  :-)

Okay, I think I can talk now.  Anyway, we did a couple of photo sessions for Christmas cards.  Most of them turned out horrible.  Don't know what we were thinking.

but they make for a good laugh.  You might just think I am a crazed lunatic, maybe you had to be there, but these pictures are hilarious!

I know a lot of them are the same, with subtle variations, so hopefully you won't get too bored looking through them.  I couldn't bear to leave any out :-).

I think this is the one I finally ended up using for my Christmas cards.
Christmas 1992

Yes, apparently this was the best we could do :-)

standing by the sign at the church.  Check out the lighting on my face.  :-)

So hilarious!

me standing by our Christmas tree in our apartment.

more than anything, it's the bottle of bleach in the background that matters!
So funny! 

bottle of bleach intact!  I love the expression on Sister Wilson's face.

gotta love the reflection of my back side in the mirror.  And the bottle of bleach!

you would think that the bleach was deliberately placed in the picture.  The way it balances the composition :-) notice in this shot Sister Wilson is wearing her glasses.

real proud of our Christmas tree!

this was inside the church.  Our choice of backdrops seems to leave something to be desired.  :-)


more than anything, it's the reflection of the flash on the mirror that matters.  :-) And the boxes of cold cereal on top of the fridge.  Breakfast was always a grapefruit off the church tree and cold cereal.  Yum!

Just a side note that I never mentioned previously, Sister Beck used to tease me about my sugary cereals.  I always bought cold cereal that was laden with sugar!  Hey, it tastes better.  :-) I do have a sweet tooth!

this is at the entrance to our apartment complex.  Do any of you remember writing me letters to 19505 Quesada Avenue? I'm sure Dad does :-)

why we thought this was a cool backdrop I have no idea.

this was also at the entrance to our apartment complex.  From this angle, the churches directly on the right.

doesn't the stop sign add a lot to this photograph?  :-)


hey, at least I took most of the stop sign out.  When I took the picture :-)

I guess we thought this was a cute pose.  As Waylon Jennings would say, "Wrong!"



the road you see behind me is the road we always took to the main drag.  To the left of the picture across the street is a Baptist church.  With the daycare.  I remember something about them getting in trouble with the daycare, but I don't remember what.  And to the right of the picture would be our apartment complex.

what's up with me and lighting?  :-)

apparently, I'm so heavenly that the light follows me wherever I go :-)

more than anything.  It's my arm on the visitors welcome sign that matters.  :-) What an awesome pose!


nice car in the shot :-)

more lighting issues :-)



not sure what this is about.  Guess we wanted a picture of our Christmas tree.

here we are again, taking pictures of each other taking pictures.  :-) Exchanging Christmas gifts!

check out my trusty old Vivitar.  It served me well during my mission :-) this was back in the day when cameras actually used film!  What a novel idea :-)

the boxes of cold cereal really add to the effect :-) I can't remember who gave us the rabbits.  I think they are rabbits :-) I do remember them.  I just can't remember who they are from.

I think this was a member's house.  They had a cool train display.  The kids in this picture are probably around 30 years old by now :-).  I don't remember any of these children.




this is our Christmas tree and presents under our tree.  Honestly, I don't really remember Christmas on my mission.  :-( I know a lot of missionaries say that it is their most memorable Christmas.  I have no recollection of it :-(

the card table you see with the red lava lava was where I did all of my studying in the mornings and where I would eat my grapefruit that splashed all over my scriptures :-).  

Sister Wilson gave me that red lava lava.  I'm sure I still have it somewhere :-)

Let me tell you I have never laughed so hard doing a blog post.  As I did doing this one. 

I don't know how many times I had to stop and put the microphone to sleep so I could laugh out loud.  I think it took me five minutes to narrate each picture :-).  I don't know why I found all of these pictures so funny.  Hopefully you will get a little chuckle out of them also.

Stay tuned, many more pictures and stories to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment