Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mission Memories -- Seminole -- Sister Collett: Part Four

I don't know why Sister Collet  and I were hanging out at the park with our district leader and his companion.  We are all in our whites, so I doubt that it was p- day. I vaguely remember this day.

I think we might have had a baptismal interview that day and maybe that's why we met with the Elders.

or maybe we were just being disobedient :-( because that definitely was against mission rules to lollygag at a park with the Elders.

Sister Collett and me in a tube on the playground at the park.  I don't know why we thought this was cool.

I guess it's kind of a cute picture :-)

Elder Young on the left, and Elder Giles on the right.  Elder Giles was our district leader.
I'm actually surprised that I remember these Elder's names.

slightly different photo than the first one.

great photography skills, Elders.

Sister Collett and me , climbing out of the playground tube.

a lovely photograph of Sister Collett and myself :-)

Elder Young climbing out of the tube.  Elder Giles in the tube.

Young/Giles

me and Sister Collett swinging on swings at the playground

me watching as Sister Collett jumps out of the swing.

More crazy conversation bubbles.

Elder Giles and Elder Young, goofing off, making faces.

I don't know why Elder Giles is making that face.  Or why I wrote that phrase on the conversation bubble.  But I'm going to tell you a story that might explain it.

The only thing I remember about Elder Giles and this day is I remember standing in the parking lot at the apartment complex -- maybe it was when we traded them our car for their bikes one day.

Anyway, Elder Giles asked me if I had any good-looking sisters back home that he could write to.  I informed him that yes indeed, I did have two gorgeous sisters at home.  But that one of them was getting ready to go on a mission herself so, I told him to write to my youngest sister, Juliet. 

So, maybe, that picture was for you, Juliet. I don't know it sounds like a good explanation to me :-)
as Collin Raye would say, "that's my story and I'm sticking to it."

Juliet -- do you remember ever getting letters from Elder Giles?  I'm pretty sure I gave him your address.

it looks like Elder Young is taking a picture of me taking a picture of them -- Sister Wilson style :-)

Elder Giles

Elder Young making a face.

I think Sister Collet must have taken these pictures while I was driving.

I'm not sure if that is Elder Young or Giles.

hey Elders,where are your helmets?
The bike flags make a nice touch :-) yes they were a mission rule.

nice pose, Elders.

this picture makes me laugh.  The Elders think they are cool.  :-)

I'm not sure if this is the same picture as before, but we look cute?  :-)

I have no idea what this is.

I think one of the Elders had a flat tire.  I'm pretty sure this was a baptismal interview.  And I think it was for the couple that we taught that I told you about in a previous post.  With the little boy that gave us the plant.

That's pretty much the only time we ever saw or talked to our district leaders -- when they had to do a baptismal interview for our investigators.

one of the Elders on the playground at the park.

I don't know what Elder Young is doing in this picture.

why am I not looking at the camera?  There must have been so many paparazzi that I didn't know which camera to look at :-)

Sister Collett pulling Sister Wilson's antics -- taking a picture of me taking a picture of her.

I don't know why we thought that was so cool.

Elder Giles hugging a tree.

He must think he's in the Pacific Northwest :-)


I'm not sure what Elder Giles is doing with that shower curtain.

I don't know why I have that picture because we should not have been in their apartment.

Maybe this picture was taken from the doorway, standing outside.

I don't remember if we actually went inside their apartment or not, but I don't imagine that is something that I would have done.

Sister Stone and Sister Collett

Borrowing the Elders' bikes to go to Madeira Beach. while they borrowed our car for the day.
If memory serves me correctly, our p-day was Tuesday.  And the Elders had p-day on Wednesdays.

looks like fun!

Another shot of me and Sister Collett swinging on the swings at the park.


1 comment:

  1. Elder Giles did write to me! I may still have a copy of the letters. Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete