Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mission Memories -- Seminole -- Sister Erickson: Part Three

As promised, here are some baptism pictures.

this is me with Shannon.  And yes she was wearing my dress :-) 

Shannon was a 14-year-old girl that Sister Collett and  I tracted out.  She was home alone at the time but said that she was interested in learning the Gospel.  In fact, I think we taught her the first discussion right then.
Now, I'm a little vague on the details, but it seems like she said her mom was at work.  Anyway, we scheduled a time to go back to teach her the second discussion.  And to hopefully meet her mom.

Again, I'm a little vague on the details, but Shannon had a brother, who happened to be there one time when we were teaching her.  And, of course, after meeting us, decided that he wanted to also take the discussions :-)

But strangely enough, it seems like we taught them both separately, for whatever reason.  Probably scheduling conflicts.  I think her brother's name was Dennis.  That's what I'll call him.

Anyway, Dennis is the guy who bought the clown fish and named them after us. Stone and Collett.

Sister Collett was transferred before we finished teaching Dennis and Shannon.  So Sister Erickson, and I finished teaching them.

I don't think we ever did meet their mother. and I'm wondering if maybe Dennis was not Shannon's Guardian. I don't really remember but, Shannon and Dennis both decided to be baptized.

So the picture above was taken at their baptism. 

I don't think Shannon had a dress that she could wear to the baptism so I offered to let her wear one of mine.  Hey, that's not bad when a 14-year-old girl can fit your dress :-)

this picture was taken at Dennis and Shannon's baptism.

Our zone leader -- on the left apparently baptized them. next is Dennis and Shannon and me and Sister Erickson.  Elder Mickelson is standing in the back behind Shannon and myself.

our zone, leader, Sister Erickson, Elder Mickelson, and me.
I don't know why I can remember, Elder Mickelson's name, but not our zone leader.

zone leader, Elder Mickelson

okay, this was at Dennis and Shannon's house.  Notice the fish tank that I'm leaning on.  Stone and Collett are in that fish tank :-)

This must've been the day that our district leader did baptismal interviews.  That is our district leader laying on the floor.  And his companion, next to me, leaning on the fish tank.

I somewhat recall our district leader, playing guitar.  That was Dennis' guitar.
District leaders companion, district leader, Dennis, ?  - Dennis'  friend

Dennis, me, Sister Erickson, unknown guy

I think Dennis might have had a little crush on me :-)--but who didn't really?  :-) you can't blame the guy :-)

at the baptism.  Probably setting up.  I don't know why this picture is cut. you can see my handwriting on the back of the picture below it when we scanned the picture in.

Shannon, Dennis, Sister Stone, Sister Erickson
Shannon and Dennis' baptism.  -- I'm not sure why Shannon was not dressed in whites.  This must've been before she changed.  Or after.

Sister Erickson laughing at one of the elders, I think it was our district leader. noticed the elder taking a picture of me taking a picture?  :-) This was at a DA at our investigators house.  More details below.

the lady on the left in pink, is Kate.  She is the investigator that we taught and baptized.  I'm not sure why the elders were here.  Perhaps this was after the baptism.  Next to Kate in the white shirt, her husband.  The lady in the foreground in the red was a member in the Seminole ward who actually knew Kate from the years before.  I think they went to school together or something.  So she is there to fellowship.

One thing I actually remember about this DA is that we had spaghetti and Kate told us that they made the spaghetti sauce from scratch and cooked it all day.  Apparently it was very labor intensive.  I think her husband was Italian.

me with Kate and her husband and their son

I'm not sure if we taught her husband, I think he might have sat in on a few discussions.  But he did not get baptized.

Of course the little boy loved me, as usual :-)

proof of purchase that I was there at the DA.  :-)

Left to right:
District leader, member friend, me, Kate, Sister Erickson, Kate's husband, district leaders companion

my and Kate at a ward picnic.

I remember that Kate was on some sort of diet and would not eat all of the good food.  :-(

In fact, I think she may have brought her own food.  I thought that was really strange. I mean, who goes to ward picnic and doesn't eat the food?

As you can see by the empty plate in front of me, I must have enjoyed the food. :-)

Another thing I remember about Kate is that she had her own delivery service.  I remember her giving us a business card said Kate's Delivery Service.

at Kate's baptism

Kate, Sister Erickson, Sister Stone, Kate's son

Kate was a very outgoing, happy, joking kind of person.  she was a fun lady.

I don't know who the man on the left is that baptized Kate.  Probably just a member of the Seminole ward.

Notice that the kid is always next to me :-)

Okay, I think I'm almost done with my mission pictures and stories. :-( I think I only have one or two more posts left to do.  :-(



No comments:

Post a Comment