Friday, February 21, 2014

Sister Wilson's Wedding


The odd thing about this post is that Sister Wilson and Rob are not pictured in any of the photographs.  :-(

I'm not sure why.

But there are several pictures of Sister Vega and I :-)

I didn't even remember this, but apparently Sister Vega and I stopped in Las Vegas, on our way to Los Angeles to Sister Wilson's wedding.

This is at the Luxor hotel.

how did I get up there?
this is a picture of Sister Vega and I -- I would use her first name, but I'm trying to protect the innocent :-) I actually did not call her Sister Vega after our missions.

This picture is probably taken inside my 1982 Honda Accord hatchback :-) that is the car we took down to Los Angeles for Sister Wilson's wedding.

Obviously we're having a great time singing along to the radio :-)
the funny thing I remember about this is that Sister Vega forgot her temple recommend and it was a fiasco.  Having to get the people at the front desk of the Temple to call her bishop so that she could get in.

We both did eventually make it to the sealing :-)
Sister Wilson asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding.  I was honored.  This is a picture of me in my bridesmaid dress in front of the cake.

Sister Wilson actually sent me the fabric and pattern, and I made my own bridesmaids dress.

Yes, I'm very talented :-) I can do pretty much anything I set my mind to :-)

I think this might be in Las Vegas somewhere.

I'm not sure where this is either except that it is somewhere on the coast in Los Angeles.

Sister Vega, being from Apple Valley, was my tour guide.  While we were down there.  She knew the Los Angeles area better than I did.  This is probably the first time I had ever been to Los Angeles.

do any of you who are familiar with Los Angeles recognize this?
you're probably wondering why I'm being heathen in these pictures.  It is because we had been swimming/playing in the ocean earlier in the day.

You can see by my hair that it was wet.

I don't remember which beach we were swimming at but I remember turning my back on the waves and getting slammed into the ocean floor.

I didn't make that mistake again :-)


yeah, it was really bright :-)

my hair looks great :-)

There's nothing like salt water and sand -- it does wonders for your hair :-)


okay, I do remember this.  Sister Vega tried to get me to eat oysters.  Which is what she is doing in this picture.  I wouldn't do it.  Why would anyone want to swallow, slimy uncooked shellfish?  Yuck!

I'm not a big fan of seafood, except for fish, which has been cooked.  :-)

And that's actually one of my favorite foods.  I love fish!

This will be a random story, but speaking of fish, the best fish I've ever had was when I lived in San Francisco.  I used to run in the afternoons when I had a chance.  And I always took the same route.  Probably not the smartest thing for a young single woman to do, especially in the neighborhood I lived in :-)
but I digress.  Anyway, one day during my run, a man came out of his house and called out to me.  So I stopped and he asked me if I liked fish.  I said yes.  He told me he was a commercial fisherman, and was going out fishing the next day.  He asked me if I wanted some fresh halibut.  I said, "I would love some, thank you."  So the next day during my run, sure enough, he met me outside his house and gave me a plastic bag full of fresh halibut. that was caught that day.  I went home and fried it in butter.  It was the best fish I've ever had!  Yum!

Anyway back to the story at hand.  Sister Vega and I had a great time during our weekend trip to Los Angeles.  It was a little bit strange to not be missionaries and be listening to music and stuff.  I do remember that I wanted to listen to country, and she wanted to listen to rock.  :-) so we had to compromise.  I think she got her way more than I did :-( because she knew all the radio stations in LA.  Oh well.

But the wedding was lovely and one thing I remember about the wedding is Sister Wilson doing the hula on the stage at the church cultural hall where the reception was held.

As I recall, Sister Vega stayed in California and I drove back by myself to Utah. Which was a little bit scary because I was driving an old 1982 Honda Accord hatchback that tended to break down every once in a while.  And these were the days before cell phones.  But thankfully, I made it home safely.  As I recall, I didn't tell Mom and Dad that I was coming home alone.  They would have just been worried :-)

This concludes all of my pictures associated with my mission.  :-(

I hope you enjoyed the journey, I certainly did :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment