Friday, February 14, 2014

Mission Memories -- Seminole -- Sister Collett: Part Seven

okay get ready for more crazy pictures and stories with Sister Collett!

for some crazy reason, I actually remember this incident.  We drove to the Target shopping center to do some street finding.

This was in the car before we got out to go talk to people.

The reason I remember this because we were laughing so hard at Sister Collet's platypus thumb.

You can probably tell by the grin on my face that something was hilarious.

I've been avoiding posting the platypus thumb/finger nail pictures. because they are rather disgusting.  Well, not the platypus thumb -- that's hilarious.  But the fingernail pictures are rather gross.  I don't know what I was thinking. maybe I will do that on the next one.  Or maybe last :-), but I will post them.

Anyway, that's why I remember these pictures and circumstances so well.

unfortunately you can't see the platypus thumb in this picture.

You'll just have to be in suspense until I post it :-)

Even Sister Collet has the same grin as I do.:-) it was pretty hilarious.

Sister Collett posing as we walked to go street finding.
I have no idea what this is.

nor this.
apparently I only had one set of P-day clothes.  Because every picture I have is in the same outfit.  :-)

I must like this pose :-)

I don't remember this picture, but it is a beautiful background.

I have no idea why I took this picture of Sister Collet's gut.

We must've thought it was funny for some reason.

Sister Collet seems to like this pose.

another version of the same.

okay, I know what I'm doing here.  I don't remember taking this picture, but I always parked in the north 40.  Something Dad taught me :-).  I think sometimes my companions got a little irritated with me because of that.  :-), So, that is why I am doing a four and zero with my hands.  To indicate the north 40.

I was never one to circle parking lots, to find a close parking space.  In fact, the farther away the better :-)

Hey, walking is good for you, and fun!  Not to mention, you avoid dings from other vehicles.  And these were the Lord's cars.  So we had to take good care of them :-)

obviously this picture is out of order.  I don't know what Sister Wilson is doing in the driver's seat.  I guess she was pretending to be senior companion :-)

I know I took this picture though, because those are my scriptures sitting on the console.

this was a frequent occurrence.  As senior companion and driver, I delegated navigation/map reading to my companions.  Unfortunately most of them didn't know how to read a map :-).  At least not very well.  So I usually ended up pulling over and looking at the map to try to figure out where we were going.

this picture cracks me up!

This picture is also out of order.  I don't even know what we're doing here.  This is the house where the elders were having P- day.  I think we were having a DA.

I don't know why I look so stiff.  It's pretty hilarious.

me in our kitchen in Largo.  Probably cleaning up all the dead cockroaches.  :-)

We had all kinds of cockroaches in this apartment.  All shapes and sizes :-)

Sister Collett in her new short hairdo :-)

You can see a better picture of my desk here.

okay, here's a good story.

If you look closely that is Sister Collett with a lizard, dead of course, placed between two pieces of contact paper and stuck together.

Sister Collett thought it would be a great idea to send some souvenirs from Florida home to her family in Utah.  So she decided to collect a few dead animals, i.e. lizards and cockroaches and put them between contact paper and mail them home to her family.

I remember she gathered various sizes of cockroaches.  And probably a few lizards.  She meticulously placed them each between two pieces of contact paper and stuck them together.  To seal off the dead animal. 

Unfortunately, she didn't take into consideration how much decomposition would take place before it reached its final destination of Utah.  When her parents got the package.  The animals were decomposed and oozing out of the contact paper.  And I'm sure it smelled great.  :-)

a picture of me walking down the street that I'm sure we tracted out.

A lovely Seminole neighborhood.

another lovely portrait of myself.  :-)

the Sun must've been really bright :-)

this is kind of funny, because Sister Collett is wearing my dress.  And if I remember correctly, I am wearing a dress that Sister Collett gave me.

I don't know who the guy beside me, probably Elder Giles' new companion, Elder Giles, our district leader, on the right.

Obviously this picture is inside the church.  It must've been the Elders P-Day.

Stone/Collett
I think this was a baptism of one of our investigators.

another lovely photo of me and Sister Collett

okay, I think this guy's name is Preston.  The only reason I remember it is because I have a cousin with the same name :-)

Naturally, he was another single male investigator that we taught.  We probably found him tracting.  I don't really remember.

Obviously he doesn't know mission rules -- putting his arm around my companion.

It's a good thing I didn't see it, or I would have put the smack down :-)

I don't remember the Elder's name on the left, who baptized our investigator, Preston.  I think he was the companion of our district leader.


No comments:

Post a Comment