Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mission Memories -- Seminole -- Sister Collett: Part Six

I think Sister Collett might have casually mentioned wanting to cut her hair a time or two.

But I didn't think much of it.  Until...

One day... Sister Collett seemed to be taking too long in the bathroom one morning.  So I started to get a little worried about her. when I went to check on her to see if she was okay... this is what I saw!

Needless to say, I was a bit shocked.

Sister Collet had taken the scissors and cut her own hair off.  I think I had to help her even it out a bit, but I think we got it looking pretty good.

I don't remember ever going to the beauty salon to have them give her a real haircut.

so of course we had to take a picture of Sister Collet pretending to cut my hair off.

It's too much of a close-up but you can see the scissor blades near my hair.

Of course I would never have dreamed of cutting my gorgeous, long blonde locks off :-)

Once again, you can see my horrible acting skills.  :-)

By the way speaking of my gorgeous long blonde locks -- I never dyed my hair on my mission.  My hair just turned that beautiful blonde color from spending hours tracting in the Florida sun, with a little help from some Sun in :-)

Of course after I got home from my mission I had to keep my hair blonde with hair dye :-)

I'm not sure why I took this picture of Sister Collett washing her hair and putting it into a faux hawk.

okay so here comes another story.

As I mentioned before, moving into an apartment previously occupied by Elders always contained old suits left behind in the closets.

I'm sure I told Sister Collett about the time that Sister Beck and I dressed up as Elders for one of our ZDMs.  She must've thought it was a funny idea, and with her new hairdo and a spare suit or two in the closet, she decided to dress up as an Elder for our ZDM.

I had already been there and done that so I decided to stay myself and dress up as Sister Stone.  :-) plus I liked the idea of being the only Sister amongst a sea of Elders.  :-)

Sister Collet actually looked quite authentic as an Elder.

If members or missionaries saw us driving down the road to ZDM, it probably caused some confusion.






she could almost pass as an Elder, couldn't she?

notice the dieffenbachia plant on the right :-)

I think if you look closely you will notice the birth control pills on the table next to the lamp.

pretending to shave :-)

this picture is out of order, but this is Sister Collett cutting her hair.


okay, this picture is pretty funny because it got the reaction we were looking for.

When mom was scanning this picture for me, she looked at it and said,  "Oh dear."

I had to tell her that it wasn't what she thought.  It is actually me and Sister Collett.  But it certainly looks like me and an Elder.

Just a side note, look at how great my hair looks :-)

the front version of the previous picture.


one of the Elders in our zone striking a GQ pose with Sister/Elder Collett
I wish the lighting was better in this photo, but this is a picture of the entire St. Petersburg zone.

If you'll notice, I am seemingly the only Sister in the picture :-)

I always enjoyed the odds ratio of Sisters to Elders at zone meetings.  :-).  My companion and I were always the only Sisters. But this is even better!  Me being the only Sister in a sea of about 20 Elders.  :-)

Hey, if you didn't know any better, you would think that Sister Collet was an Elder in this photo.  With her arm around me, no less :-) This is why you can't judge a book by its cover :-)
this must have been our zone leaders getting ready to present zone meeting.

  I think even some of the Elders were a little perplexed when Sister Collet and I walked into ZDM together.

No comments:

Post a Comment